The reciting, understanding, and memorizing of the Quran is immense. There are around 2,000 Madaris in the UK and many Mosques have Maktabs to connect the young generation with the holy Quran. Last year’s incredible success has brought Saut ul Qur’an again this year on Iqra Bangla in partnership with the East London Mosque (One of the largest mosques in Europe.)
Saut ul Quran intends to spread the message of the Holy Qur’an through the involvement of the youth as well as recognizing and inspiring the most successful competitor. If you are between 7-14 (Girls) and 7-18 (Boys) years of age, currently memorizing the Qur’an or have memorised it already and would like to participate in the Saut ul Quran competition, please register your interest by filling out the application form. Please read our guidelines before applying.
Guidelines for Saut ul Quran
Competition guidelines are as follows,
Category A: 10 Juz. Whoever has memorized 10 Juz, either from the beginning or end of the Quran, can participate in this category. (10 Juz) boys and girls aged up to 12 years.
Category B: 20 Juz. Whoever has memorized 20 Juz, either from the beginning or end of the Quran can participate in this category. (20 Juz) girls and boys aged up to 14 & 16 respectively.
Category C: 30 Juz. Whoever has memorized 30 Juz, can participate in this category. (30 Juz) boys only aged 7 upto 18.
There will be 3 winners from each category. 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.
One participant cannot take part in two categories.
The age limit for the boys is up to 18 years. The age limit for the girls is up to 14 years. There is no minimum age restriction for all the categories. Registration is essential before the audition date. In the audition round, the contestant can read from any three places of his or her choice. In terms of the second round, contestants will pick flash cards which will contain three questions that he/she will answer from.
Auditions will take place in:
1st Audition in Bradford on the 28th of October 2023, Alkhair Foundation, 918 Manchester Rd, Bradford BD5 8DH
2nd Audition in London on the 4th of November 2023, Iqra Bangla Studio, 41 Fieldgate Street, London E1 1JU
Quarter Final: 18th Nov 2023, Saturday, London.
Semi-Final: 2nd Dec 2023, Saturday London.
Grand Finale: 16th Dec 2023, Saturday London.
Registration closes in Bradford on 25th October 2023, London, on 1st of November 2023,
You may take part in any category suitable for you.
Category A, (10 Juz)
1st Prize £1000, 2nd Prize £500, 3rd Prize £250
Category B, (20 Juz)
1st prize £2000, 2nd prize 1000, 3rd prize £500.
Category C, (30 Juz)
1st prize £3000, 2nd prize 1500, 3rd prize £750.
Terms and conditions:
- Contestants should be living in the UK.
- Contestants have the right to withdraw their application at any time without any obligation.
- Contestants should have their own arrangements to travel for the Audition.
- IQRA BANGLA & EAST LONDON MOSQUE will keep all data for competition purposes and is not obliged to disclose any data under the Data Protection Act 1998 and in line with the GDPR.
- IQRA BANGLA & EAST LONDON MOSQUE will ensure the contestant’s safety.
- Previous 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners cannot take part in this year’s competition.
- All the information used within the form must be correct and should be notified immediately if there are any mistakes.
- Contestants must have consent from their parents/guardians.
- Judges have the right to decide at any stage of the competition and finalize the marks.
- Any unusual behaviour towards the Judges and staff will not be tolerated.
- After submitting the form, contestants will receive a confirmation email of their registration. However, this does not guarantee a place in the competition. The Iqra Bangla and East London Mosque team have the right to reject any application if they find any misinformation.